August 1, 2006

Mecidal stuff

Here's the thing. When I was two years old I got some kind of virus. Nothing too deadly or serious that modern medicine couldn't handle. Although when I was like 4 I almost died from chicken pox....seriously.

What did my parents do? They took me to the hospital and I was put on antibiotics, aka Sulfur Drugs (now known as simply sulfa). And what happened? Projectile vomitting and diarrhea. So they took me off my meds, gave me a lot of fluids, and put me on a different antibiotic. Since then I've been deemed allergic to sulfa (and probably penicillin since my mom is).

So while realizing that "hey now I have a doctor I can visit" I realized I should start filling out my medical forms. Then tada I came across stuff about my medical history. They want to know my reaction to the drugs and if I have a pen to shove in myself when I get a bad reaction, etc. I was 2 years old...2...I don't remember what I ate on Sunday let alone how I react to sulfa.

Crazy. And while looking at all the paperwork I can't possibly figure out how many trips to the doctor I'll have to make to get all the paperwork done. I mean besides the physical there are so many freaking lab tests. Atleast I don't have to have a pap smear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! Medical is a blast.

Amber said...

haha...yeah I had describe my allergic reaction to penicillin, which I had when I was about 6 months old. Awesome.