August 18, 2006

Spoke too soon

So my packet was received yesterday. Imagine that. A little complaining then WAMMO! Nicely done PC. Way to keep me on my toes. A little unnecessary but oh well.

But my stuff is under review. Doesn't that sound fun? In the mean time I was reviewing stuff for the Foreign Service. Its one of the options I was thinking of after Peace Corps. I read over the scenarios and stuff for the interview and things like that and went "dear God I can do that". My experiences with student government and being in residence life really prepped me for crisis control and taking over a situation. Lets just if I become an Ambassador's Aide and an earthquake occurs, rest assured I could handle it.

This is all on my confidence in myself though. It'd be sad if I believed that and I failed miserably. :-)

So this blog will be a bit unused until I hear from the PC. Which could be a week, a month, or two months.

1 comment:

Nam LaMore said...

good luck with all the paperwork. i remember that the medical & dental clearance took the longest, but i'm, now, glad that the doctors states-side were thorough. every time i call the local doctor here for something, he always flip through my states-side folder to see if i really need the requested stuff.

drop me an email - or a msg on my blog - when you find out your country nomination/assignment.

best of luck to you!
nam lamore, volunteer in morocco