August 22, 2006

Hold up

About 6 months after turning 16 I got a job working at Marsh Supermarkets. I worked there for four years (holidays and such during college before RA stuff) and enjoyed the comradery (for the most part) with my fellow employees. Cut to Saturday. My mom goes to the store in what I think the last week I'll not have to pay for groceries. She tells me about some contest and asks me to look at the receipt to see if she was entered. I look it over and yup she's automatically entered. Big deal.

She won. What is this reward? $500 shopping spree for this weekend. I'll be eating very well on Saturday. Don't know what I'll be eating (steak, lobster, shrimp, turkey, cornish hen, macademia nuts, etc) but it'll be good.

As I find this out I notice a packet arrived from the Peace Corps. I immediately know its not an invite packet (no email saying I was medically cleared especially since its not been gone too long). Ahhh my dental stuff was returned with one request. Which made me rather happy. That means they've looked at my stuff and went through it AND I only had one issue. My panorex thing is hard to read and needs a brighter contrast or on photo paper. I'll be picking up my new copy on Wednesday and mailing it out that day (hopefully).

Either they're on top of the game or they want to get me through the clearance fast. I'm hoping for both. :-)

No comments: