August 28, 2006

"The goose is cooked"

Well my mother's $500 shopping spree was passed onto me. That's right. I had that unimaginable duty of gathering $500 worth of food in five minutes. It was like supermarket sweep...except we kept the food.

How did I fare? Well it would've gone better if I wasn't limited to just two of said item (of which I understand the store manager's reasons). Alas the list of food follows (from my memory atleast):
two hams
two geese (one was dinner yesterday...not that good)
two ducks
6lbs of ground meat
two racks of ribs
2 filets
2 ribeyes
2 NY Strips
2 pot roasts
2 pork tenderloins
a chicken
a cornish hen
2 bags of doritos (random buy)
2 cans of macademia nuts
2 containers of the good OJ
Limeade (no idea really)
4lbs of colby cheese (seriously...lots of cheese)
Assortment of ice cream
Hot pockets/pizza/pizza rolls

Thats all I can remember. Exciting no? Needless to say I could've gotten up to $800 and I probably did.

As for this week I'm in the process of moving into another house. I figure if I have a year left until the PC I might as well have some form of privacy. Speaking of the PC it took like three days to get the correct stuff to send off for dental. First they couldn't find my panorex. Then I asked for a better contrast and they couldn't do that. But alas on the last day I got some negative and a brighter picture. Hopefully that's enough for them.

Week two of waiting begins...

No comments: