January 6, 2007

I'm in love with a stripper

For some reason every time I have anything from Wendy's, in this case I used a plastic spoon, I start to think of a road trip I had with some friends to a gambling boat. This song played on the radio throughout the entire trip. To be honest I don't think I know a stripper....actually now that I think of it I do. My best friend's cousin is a stripper. His mom said that since I'm a good guy I would be a good person for her to be with. Which wouldn't work on a few levels, 1) she smokes and I refuse to date smokers, 2) she has a 10 year old kid, 3) she's not as hot as she was when I was like 13, and 4) Oh yeah she shows off her naked body to other people!

Where was I going with this...

Oh so while I was brushing my teeth in the shower I realized that some of the things I do here in America may not work well in the Caucuses.

Do they take showers? Do they just sit next to a tub and toss water on themselves? Would they judge me badly if I peed in the shower? (Quick note...I do a lot in the shower. Brush my teeth, shave, pee...and like you never have, and clean myself)

This morning until say 15 minutes ago I was in my pjs and drank hot chocolate while I watched the Power Rangers. Is that uncommon? Do they wake up and put on their nice clothes for the day? That may be an issue for me. I like waking up late on the weekends and lounging in my pjs as long as humanly possible while I watch cartoons or in today's case, Mystic Force Power Rangers. I like kiddie shows and I don't care what you think of me.

I like to say "hi" to anyone that looks me in the eye. Is that okay in another culture? Can I talk to the opposite sex without worrying if I'm coming off too strong?

Lots of questions going through my noggin'. Will I end up marrying a German? Will I break a cultural tradition? Will I insult everyone I meet? Will I finally try absinthe? These are things I'm curious to know.

Why do I wonder about marrying a German? My uncle said that I'd probably marry one. Made me wonder if Germans roam all over Europe and Asia looking for single Americans to get a green card.

I think we take all our American-isms for granted. Right now I'm typing on a MacBook Pro in a three bedroom house (in the ghetto...but whatever), somewhat watching A Few Good Men on a 52 inch tv (graduation present). I'm sure I won't have the same experience abroad but one can hope right? :-)

What I'm looking forward to:
-Awkward moments. I don't doubt I'll do something completely wrong. Hit on a married woman. Eat something I'm not suppose to. Sing the walk of shame to a couple of PCVers who hook up. Awkward moments are bound to happen.
-Sharing. I can't really imagine the questions I'll be asked. Are you married? Why not? Does everyone in America...? What do you like most? Etc. I'm all good with answering questions. This may change after being asked the same question after the fiftieth time.
-Food. I have a love of trying new food or mixing it up. Ever have Greek the night after having Mexican? I love doing that. Actually I could go for a gyro right about now...hmmm...

I really need to stop thinking about posts when I take showers. It leaves me with a bunch of random thoughts.

Anywho, a quick note to everyone that reads this. Use marshmallow fluff instead of marshmallows in your hot chocolate. Works amazingly well. It creates like a crust on top. Delicious.

No comments: