March 26, 2007

Staging take two

Yesterday was interesting. I didn't have a whole lot of time to go into detail about what all happened because of two things:
I was on the phone while typing (yay multitasking)
I was eager to do some other stuff and not just sit around and type.

Needless to say the airport experience, rushed goodbye, and flight took a lot out of me. Oh and don't forget the small amount of sleep that took place on a couch.

Last night "we" went out to dinner. We being pretty much everyone. Since no one knows each other it was an odd yet fun experience. What made it more fun was that some of us decided to go drinking. Ahhh drinking with new people. Its a great socializer.

I made a bad choice in deciding to have another shot of vodka shortly before we left the bar.

I will like these people. Sure I may not know them and I may not totally get them. But I'll like them. They're funny, smart, rather easy going, and up for almost anything.

Just yesterday we were breaking down stereotypes of Americans. Well they were, I was putting them up. Let me explain. One volunteer, lets call him Steve, told me that he heard Indiana was just a flat state...I corrected him. Then one person, lets call them Sara (there were a few of them), said that Iowa was part of the midwest. I disagreed. A lot. It was funny to me. But really in typing it I've found that its not.

Today's adventures relies on all of us being able to stay awake and in tune to what is going on.

I see that as a challenge. You would too after all the drinking that took place.

No comments: