December 8, 2006

Random quote

Still haven't heard anything from placement, which I'm guessing will be awhile before I hear anything. So thats okay. But a friend has this up in her away message and I thought it fit with the Peace Corps.

"To laugh often, to win the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch ... to know even one life has breathed easier becase you have lived, this is to have succeeded."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats on the clearance! About a week after I was cleared I heard from an assistant placement officer and I had to redo one of my essays. I senn that in and about 2 weeks later (two days ago actually), she called me and asked a few questions about my family and their support (something I must have mentioned in my interview). Anyways, she said I shouldn't expect to hear anything from my PO for another couple of weeks. Anyways, I just wanted to fill you in on my experience.