December 18, 2006

I can see you

About 10 years ago my mom told me of my great aunt that refused to watch tv or listen to the radio. Her thinking was that people could hear/see you. I thought this was marvelous fun and wanted to meet her. Anyone remember the tv show Freakazoid! ? Loved that show. It was so completely random. In one episode it stops and the screen goes blue and white letters pop that says "We can see you". Oh how I wanted to show that to my wacked out great aunt.

Little did I know she was dead. No need to apologize or show sympathy. I never met her and she passed away long before I was told about her. But how much fun I would've had...

Anyway, I'm here at work, still sick, and get an email from anonymous. I wish blogger wouldn't allow just "anonymous"...put a name out there people!!! Turns out they find me by typing into google "Azerbaijan Peace Corps blogs". Hmm...so I tried it. Yup. I'm on the fourth page. That means Big Brother can see me. Yay? I don't know...it's only the fourth page. But anonymous filled me in that they'd be heading out in June as well to Azerbaijan and already received their invite.

Let it be known that I do not like anonymous. Mainly because they didn't give me a name to mock and proclaim "why them and not me?!?!" Just kidding anonymous.

I asked a PC group about invitations and received three rather varying answers. One received theirs in two weeks, one in two months, and one six weeks prior. Seriously...no consistency. Whatever works I guess. But even if I got my invite tomorrow I'd still have six months to wait. Though I could seriously alter what I wanted for Christmas...ehhh...

Time to practice patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is watching you. haha just kidding... but in all seriousness I've been going through the same things as you. Waiting for over a year in total for the invitation that finalllly came last week (waiting 3+ months for med clearance and then another month for an e-mail informing me my invitation was in the mail, and still another week after that to recieve the invitation via usps - note - I live < 30 minutes from the PC offices in DC)

Waiting is a part of it all, or so I'm told. Still, hope it comes soon!